The RequirementsWe’re looking for a professional who is up-to-date and current on the latest customer service trends, functionality, options and expectations. You should be excited to have the chance to use technology to improve the customer experience.
Additionally, to be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business management or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a Customer Service management role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong customer focus.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach and motivate a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to make effective decisions in a quick paced environment.
- The ability to embrace technology as a tool for superior customer service.
- The ability to show discretion and flexibility when necessary.
- A commitment to teamwork.
- Strong detail orientation.
- High energy and drive for results.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products inclusive of Outlook, Excel, and Word. Familiarity with ERP systems will be a plus.
- Flexibility and self-motivation.
- Experience analyzing and using CS metrics systems; and the ability to interpret and present results to upper level management team.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred but not required.
- The polish and persona of an executive.
You should also be willing and able to travel approximately 10-20 percent of the time.
The RoleReporting directly to the President of Medeco and High Security & Aftermarket Group, as the Director of Customer Experience, you will serve as the face of customer service for our company. You will be responsible for the performance of the Customer Services Department including personnel, processes and systems. You will direct the delivery of communication and operational excellence designed to promote revenue growth, productivity, and exceptional levels of customer satisfaction.
Your team will include a Customer Service Manager and approximately 20 employees across the Call Center Order Entry and MasterKey functions. The team is close-knit, talented and eager to learn from a strong leader who can engage with the team and take them to the next level of success. We have a strong foundation in place and you'll help take a good thing and make it great.
More specifically, you will:
- Direct the Customer Services Department including Call Center, Order Entry and MasterKey functions. Support the Customer Services Manager in leading the day to day operations of the department.
- Find and implement opportunities for process simplification and customer experience improvements.
- Oversee the development of and be responsible for departmental metrics for continuous improvement.
- Challenge the Customer Services Manager to ensure the team members provide exceptional support to both external and internal customers.
- Focus on helping the Customer Services Manager improve his/her skills and knowledge through day-to-day coaching.
- Make effective, independent decisions representing day-to-day issues that do not require team discussion, input, or agreement.
- Involve the Customer Services Manager in collaborative or team-empowered decisions.
- Develop goals, action plans, and timetables for the department.
- Partner with the senior management team to align customer service department policies and systems with the company’s objectives.
- Work with the Operations management team to develop processes to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on order status and/or changes.
- Work continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales, and supervisory procedures & practices.
- Respond to escalated customer inquiries and problems in a professional and effective manner.
- Track departmental expenses and ensure budget is adhered to.
- Collaborate with CS Manager and Director of HR with personnel issues.
- Collaborate with Director of Operations and Director of Sales to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Collect and analyze VOC (Voice of Customer) feedback.
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
Pictured: Medeco locks are used to protect facilities worldwide such as high security government installations, industrial and institutional organizations, airports, hotels, power plants, palaces, museums, universities and schools, and office buildings. Medeco Logic, pictured above, is a complete electronic locking system that provides controlled access, accountability, physical security, and effective system management.
Why MedecoExposure, visibility and more -- you will partner with key contacts across all levels and functions of the organization, including other Directors, allowing you to enjoy visibility and exposure throughout this location and beyond. This renewed commitment to customer service is not just a Medeco initiative, it is a focus across the entire family of companies, meaning your efforts won't go unnoticed. We also work to keep you up on the latest technologies. These are just some of the reasons we have many long-tenured employees.
Freedom and autonomy -- you'll report directly to the President, who will empower you with the ability to make key decisions and make important changes independently. Of course, he will be there for support when you need it, but you will enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing that you can put your ideas to work.
Tight-knit team -- we're a close-knit group, which means that every member of the team has to be a true contributor. Everyone has a great attitude and is willing to jump in and help one another. Our team is proud of being truly collaborative, highly functional, and very productive.
Career options -- once you have proven yourself in this role, you will be in a position to pursue promotional opportunities within Medeco, ASSA ABLOY Americas, or even internationally in other areas of ASSA ABLOY.
Steady stream of diverse challenges -- in order to provide the highest level of security, we reinvent our patented platforms on a regular basis. We have multiple technology platforms, so this is an ongoing process. In addition, we frequently receive requests from customers to develop new features for existing products, such as new cylinder designs. Continuous improvement is embedded in our culture. Because of this, we understand there will be a learning curve as you familiarize yourself with this diverse product line and gain an understanding of the workflow. If you bring a strong learning acumen and drive to succeed, you'll be up to speed in no time.
Stability and growth -- ASSA ABLOY is a focused organization with a goal of becoming the global door security solutions leader, and Medeco's high security lock products are an important part of that focus. Medeco is enjoying strong growth, and we plan to continue growing. Our business model includes supporting diverse markets beyond buildings, such as specialty security products for government, financial or commercial markets. In addition, we serve the retrofit market, as our locks fit other manufacturers' designs.
Value-driven environment -- we've created a culture that allows talented, energetic people to flourish. That culture includes a strong belief in the value delivered by our products and solutions, an emphasis on integrity and an appreciation for the power of teamwork. We're a dynamic organization that continues to develop its people. These are just some of the reasons we have low turnover and many of our employees have been here for years; people like working for our company.
Great place to live and work -- the Roanoke Valley region (see video above) is home to over 300,000 people, making it the largest metropolitan area in Western Virginia and the heart of Virginia's Blue Ridge. Whether you prefer a city feel or one of our quaint surrounding small towns, there is something for everyone. Consider these accolades:
- Expansion Management magazine named Roanoke one of the top 50 hottest cities for expansions and relocations.
- Expansions Management also named the Roanoke Valley as a Five-Star Community for quality of life. The rating is based on reasonable cost of living, affordable housing, low crime, excellent transportation access, good public schools, proximity to community colleges and universities, an educated workforce, and low taxes.
- Named by Inc. Magazine as one of the 100 best places for business development.
- "Cities Ranked and Rated" ranked Roanoke as the 11th best city in the United States.
- Money Magazine ranked the Roanoke Valley as one of the top three "Best Places to Retire" in the United States.
- Ranked by Forbes.com as one of the 100 best places for businesses and careers.
Keys to SuccessAs a seasoned customer service professional, you already understand the challenges and opportunities of today’s tech-driven marketplace and how technology and the internet are transforming the way we interact with our customers. Customer expectations continue to rise, and they want information quicker and on a first call basis. You will help us meet the growing needs of our clients by driving excellence throughout the customer service arena--with a focus on leveraging technology to achieve these goals. In a nutshell, you'll help make it easier for our customers to do business with us.
Your leadership skills will be just as important as your customer service savvy, and we’ll look to you to coach, motivate and encourage your team of direct reports. At the same time, you’ll need to be able to roll up your sleeves and step-in to help out where needed. The ideal candidate for this role will be both employee-focused and customer-focused.
About MedecoFor more than 40 years, Medeco® has led the security industry in innovation and quality, guarding lives and assets at facilities worldwide. Medeco® locks are made with pride in the U.S.A. The manufacturing facility is located in Salem, Virginia and employs approximately 250 people.
Medeco® locks protect U.S. government and military installations, both here and abroad, as well as schools and universities, hospitals and banks, vending machines and parking meters, homes and offices, and much, much more.
Founded in 1968, Medeco® is a market leader in locks and locking systems for security, safety, and control. The company's customer base includes wholesale and retail security providers, original equipment manufacturers, institutional, commercial, industrial, and residential end-users.
Medeco® is an ASSA ABLOY Group company. ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door-opening solutions -- some you might already use on a daily basis without even thinking about it. The Group offers a more complete range of door opening solutions than any other company on the market. In the fast-growing electromechanical security segment, the Group has a leading position in areas such as access control, identification technology, entrance automation and hotel security. Since its formation in 1994, ASSA ABLOY has grown from a regional company into an international Group with some 43,000 employees operating in more than 70 countries. The Group has sales of around SEK 47 billion (US$ 7 billion).
ASSA ABLOY's mission is to provide complete opening solutions, backed by value-added services, to help people feel safer and more secure, thus creating more freedom in their lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer -- M/F/V/D.
Video: Hear why Medeco's employees are so passionate about the products they make.